Do you listen to podcasts? I enjoy them regularly. They’re free and can be fantastic sources of education. They can be a waste of time too, full of sales pitch junk, so I’ve discovered some that are worth the time, especially for heart-centered business growers. They’re also useful for any creative independent thinkers.
Here’s my favorites list and some info for podcast newbies…
Podcasts 101 for Newbies
If you’re not familiar with podcasts, let me tell you about this little treasure chest. I think of them as radio shows (in audio or video) on exactly the topic I want, when I want it. You can find a podcast (on iTunes) on any topic you can think of. They are easy to add to an iPod or other media player (usually using free iTunes software), or just listen on a computer.
My Fav Podcasts
Here are the podcasts I regularly enjoy and recommend for my fellow idea-lovers:
- Small Business Marketing (formerly Duct Tape Marketing) – Fantastic interviews with thought leaders in small business and marketing. By ever-reliable host and author, John Jantsch.
- The Introvert Entrepreneur – Near and dear to my introvert heart, Beth Buelow leads thoughtful interviews of successful introverts.
- Get It Done Guy’s Quick & Dirty Tips to Work Less & Do More – Funny and brief tips from Stever Robbins that hold up in real life.
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast– Real-world hints and examples for creating online income, with high quality interviews with people who give the inside scoop. By successful online entrepreneur, Pat Flynn.
- TEDTalks: Ideas Worth Spreading – Inspiration in the grandest sense — learn about big ideas making a big difference. From TED conferences around the world. (Video podcast)
- Creative Living with Jamie – Thoughtful interviews and ideas from people courageously bringing their creative pursuits to the front burner. Host: Jamie Ridler
I’d love to hear about your favorites in the comments section. If you produce your own podcast and think it belongs on my list, tell me why.
More recommended resources (including funding ideas) are available for business owners, business starters, artists, and introverts in my Resources section.