Everyone has different tastes but I’m letting you in on what I think are the best podcasts for me and my audience — mostly introverted women with big hearts, and other sensitive souls, who want to live their truest life and make an impact without burning out. We like authenticity over hype, and these shows serve up the real deal.
Who Made My “Best” List?
These shows below are hosted by authentic inspiring women, mostly introverts too, who draw out real-life personal and professional insights from their guests. I hope you will find them inspiring too.
Rest assured that I only selected shows that won’t jar your sensitive nerves with loud music or ego-driven banter. Too many podcasts are like that so I’ve been so happy to find these and to lift up the lesser heard voices.
Find one or two that speak to you and enjoy the depth and growth inside these treasure chests.
Especially for self-employed heart-centered introverts:
- The Gentle Business Revolution Show – Host Sarah Santacroce does such heartfelt interviews, capturing the deep story behind the introvert entrepreneur.
- Introverts Talking Business Podcast – Host Thea Orozco brings you actionable advice and useful perspectives from successful introverted entrepreneurs, including how to deal with online marketing.
Especially for women who want to have an impact:
- Irresistible – Hosts Kate Werning and BJSTAR about the intersection of collective healing and transformation and social change. In other words, about being engaged and grounded at the same time. They explore it all with some incredible guests, such as Lama Rod Owens, author of Love and Rage.
- Heroine – Host Majo Molfino, immigrant entrepreneur, millenial, and calm powerhouse, says “I help multi-passionate, professional women become the leaders the world needs, instead of the ‘good girls’ the world wants.” A favorite episode: Shiza Shihad: Reclaiming Multiple Identities in the Age of Extremism (Shiza is co-founder of the Malala Fund.)
- Le vital corps Salon podcast – With host Kara Martin Snyder, real women talk real world struggles and solutions. Kara says, “It’s a soul-soothing space for all of the often secret, frazzled Type-As, perfectionists, imposters, and over-scheduling addicts to make themselves cozy and recharge a little.”
- Claim the Stage – Host Angela Lussier is a paid public speaker, self-proclaimed introvert, and founder of Speaker Sisterhood. In the show, she explores the growth-filled terrain of public speaking and how to make it easier.
- Dialogue Lab: Social Impact and All the Feels – Host Reva Patwardhan is about helping you thrive as you make an impact. She gets real about social change, paired with burnout prevention. Her work in the world inspires me! (No longer an active show but past episodes still so good.)
- #SecuretheSeat – Host Minda Harts offers for women of color what the “Lean In” movement didn’t address. She runs a career development company for women of color, and she is leading The Women of Color Equity Initiative. I love what she’s about. Her show is useful for allies too.
- For the Wild – amplifying grassroots voices, at the intersection between social and environmental justice.
For anyone who enjoys the big soulful questions of life:
- On Being – This NPR show with host Krista Tippett is astounding in its depth and soulfulness, asking the big questions about life. These interviews will stay with you and may even change you. “We pursue deep thinking and social courage, moral imagination and joy, to renew inner life, outer life, and life together.” A favorite episode: John Lewis: Love in Action. (Krista also has a show with beautiful snippets from On Being, called Becoming Wise, for when you need a brief dose of love and wisdom.)
- Code Switch – Code Switch is a multi-racial, multi-generational team of NPR journalists who cover race and identity, and how it affects us in every part of society including work.
- Sounds True: Insights at the Edge – Host Tami Simon interviews leading spiritual teachers and authors, like Van Jones, Kristin Neff, Clarissa Pinkola Estes. A favorite episode: Van Jones “Breaking Out of our Resistance Bubble.”
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations – Oprah is better than ever in these mind-blowing conversations. My soul is soothed and ignited every time I listen.
For more resources, like books and career tools, check out my Resources section.