Somehow this introvert has ended up being interviewed or featured in the press far more than my quiet side ever wanted! I have to tell myself to just go with it because my passion for helping people find their easeful path is bigger than any resistance I have to the visibility.
I’ve been a selected writer for Huffington Post, Quiet Revolution, and Choice. I have been featured in Psychology Today, Globe and Mail, New England Public Radio, The Introvert Entrepreneur, and seen in magazine articles in Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Money, and many others. You can find some of those stories below.[If you’re covering some news about me, see press kit materials here.]
My advice column:
- Dear Val: Work Advice Column for Introverts (on Quiet Revolution and Huffington Post)
Media Coverage (Interviews, Guest Appearances, Features)
- Money magazine article: “Introvert or Extrovert: Why It Matters for Your Career”, 2/26/2020
- Podcast Interview: “Building a Heart-based Business” – September 2018
- Her Campus: “Your Guide to Finding the Right Work Environment for You” – July 2018
- The IntrovertBizGrowth Podcast: Val Nelson – Tapping Intuition to Make Key Business Decisions – June 2018 (I love this podcast, and I like how this interview came out.)
- Fast Company article: How to find your superpower – June 2018
- Guest speaker at The Quiet Collective Conference – March 2018
- Feature Story on New England Public Radio about coaching for introverts. Dec. 2015.
- Feature Story on Vital Corps about Fabulous Femme Val Nelson, March 2016.
- Featured in “List of Inspiring Introverts” at Inspiring Introverts, 2016.
- Featured in Empowered Women Revolution, “34 Leading Business Experts Reveal Their Best Self Promotion Tips for Introverts.”
- Feature Story in The Republican and MassLive – Ex-wallflower helps empower introverts October 2015
- Feature Story in the Daily Hampshire Gazette – Val Nelson of Northampton offers life coaching geared toward introverts. November 2015
- Psychology Today: “Ways to Push Past Creative Burnout,” June 2015.
- Speaker, Harvard Business School Dynamic Women in Business Conference, Feb. 2015
- Featured in Shut Up and Speak, “How To Survive A Party: 42 Experts Reveal Their 3 Best Party Tips For Introverts“
- The Republican and MassLive: “Voices of the Valley: Val Nelson, career-business-life coach, helps introverts find their voices,” Sept. 8 2014
- Baystate Health: “Catch the Spirit,” Fall 2014
- Beetle Press: “The Big Reach: Val Nelson,” , Mar. 17, 2014 (This is a fun one. Worth a look.)
- The Globe and Mail: “Forget work versus life. Try aiming for harmony instead” Apr. 10 2014
- The Republican and Mass Live: “Outlook 2014: Pioneer Valley provides women business owners support and advocacy” – Feb. 10 2014
- Daily Hampshire Gazette: Pioneer Valley Business 2014, Feb. 2, 2014
- Choice magazine article by me: Work-Life Harmony
- Examiner: ‘Girl Scout cookie sales foster women entrepreneurs,’ – Feb. 19, 2013
- MSN Careers and Careerbuilder: ‘My best advice for job seekers is …’ – Jan. 2, 2013
- Daily Hampshire Gazette: Val Nelson, B2B ID, Oct. 8, 2012
- Datingsite.org: “Dating for Introverts,” Nov. 2011
- “Simply Talking,” Western Mass cable access show for women: featured guest interview, Fall 2011.
- WHMP (radio interview): Radio interview about networking for introverts (listen here)
- Strictly Businews (Internet TV show): Val Nelson: The Coach to Know (8/30/10)
- Quitter to Winner: Interview: How to Network, with Career Coach Val Nelson
- The Introvert Entrepreneur (podcast): Making Your Mark with Val Nelson (9/2010) [View in iTunes]
- allthingsjeffmichaels.com: 11 Tips for Differentiating Your Small Business from the Pack
You can also find my public speaking history here.