If you’re starting a business, check out support resources for starting a business.
The following resources are excellent starting places, primarily for technical aspects of business. None of these will cover what business coaches or business support groups will do for you, which is to dig deep for what you really want, unblock what’s in the way, and move forward with clarity, confidence, and ease.
Free Business Guidance, Resources, and Training
- Small Business Development Centers – free business counseling and low-cost trainings
- SCORE – free small business advice and resources from volunteer retired executives
- Small Business Administration (SBA) resources for managing a business
Small Business Resources and Training in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
- Scibelli Enterprise Center (business incubation and support services in Springfield, MA)
- Interactive Communities Network (InComm) – networking and educational events in Western MA
Inspiring Podcasts for Self-employed Introverts
- The Introvert Entrepreneur – Near and dear to my introvert heart, Beth does thoughtful interviews of successful introverts.
- The Gentle Business Revolution Show – Host Sarah Santacroce does such heartfelt interviews, capturing the deep story behind the introvert entrepreneur.
- Introverts Talking Business Podcast – Host Thea Orozco brings you actionable advice and useful perspectives from successful introverted entrepreneurs, including how to deal with online marketing.
Inspiring Books for Micro-Business Owners
- $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future (2012)
~by Chris Guillebeau
- The Tao of Entrepreneurship (2009)
~by Marcia Bench
- The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Imposter Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It (2011)
~by Valerie Young, Ed.D.