Introverts and highly sensitive people often look for the flexibility of working from home or working from anywhere. It could be freelance, remote jobs, flex jobs, or your own self-employment where you’re in control. A love of freedom is the common factor. I’ve collected resources for freedom lovers here.
Remote Job Listings
(Jobs with Substance and Realistic Pay)
- Remote Woman (remote work at screened, trusted companies)
- Power to Fly
- We Work Remotely
- Flex Jobs
- Top 11 Companies Always Hiring for Work from Home Jobs (video)
- Work from Home job board (from Work from Home Happiness)
- 15 Sites to Help You Find Legit Remote Work
- How to Find Freelance Writing Work
- You can also search these popular job search sites for remote work:
- Or try any job search site within your areas of interest and set the location to “remote,” and you might be surprised by how many options there are.
To help you navigate the freedom lifestyle.
- Work from Home Happiness (very practical blog with ideas and guidance)
- Remote (book)
- The Art of Non-Conformity (book and blog by Chris Guillebeau)
- How to become a virtual assistant (VA) with no experience
- How to become a freelance writer and make money (thorough step-by-step guide)
- Digital Nomad Girls (resources, community)
- Reddit discussion forum: Work Online
Self-employment How-to Resources
Some remote work is employment and much of it could mean you work for yourself as a freelancer or contract worker. Then you’re really in control of your location and how you do things.
Self-employment might bring up some worries too. I address these concerns in these 2 resources: