We were so pleased to have Val as our first speaker for our new Holistic Chamber of Commerce chapter in Western Massachusetts. Val’s topic and reputation drew a sizable crowd (including news coverage). The best part about having Val as a speaker, aside from the fantastic information she shares, is her welcoming presence. Even though she’s a “former wallflower” Val really holds a room. Thank you!”
~Gretchen Duhaime, Massachusetts Chapter President, Holistic Chamber of Commerce
These are some of my favorite topics for speaking and being interviewed:
- Career Sanity for Introverts and Highly Sensitive People (HSPs)
- How to Find the Best Use of You
- The Elusive Work-Life Balance (related article)
- Client Attraction Should Be Fun and Easy
- Sustainable Self-employment: Your Road Map to Align Heart, Money, and Ease (related article)
- The Self-Employment Leap of Faith
(related blog post)
- Making Friends with the Business Side of Your Business
(related blog post)
Depending on audience size and the amount of time, I speak in an interactive way so that the audience is engaged in the learning. All interactive portions are supportive of introvert sensibilities.
You can see my recent public speaking list below for concrete examples of my experience. Also, I have training in teaching and adult education and I spent many years teaching both youth and adult audiences. I understand what it takes to get an audience engaged and learning. Speaking and facilitating learning is in my natural flow zone, despite being a former wallflower who never wanted to speak in front of a room. It’s funny how far I’ve come.
I tend to get good feedback wherever I speak, so I think I have a natural ability to read my audience, engage with them in meaningful ways, and ensure they leave with meaningful insights.
Fee depends on the audience, location, goal of the event, and cost of the event. If it gives me visibility with an ideal audience, there might not be a fee. Please inquire. Let’s find a way to make it work for you and your audience.
Past Public Speaking
- International Coaches Federation – New England Chapter (ICFNE)
- Harvard Business School, “Dynamic Women in Business Conference,” Feb. 21, 2015
- Women Business Owners Alliance, Holyoke MA, 2014, 2013, 2018.
- The Quiet Collective Conference for Introverted Women Entrepreneurs,
- Mount Holyoke College Alumni Association, Dec. 2016
- Holistic Chamber of Commerce of W. Mass, Hadley, MA, April 2014
- Easthampton Chamber of Commerce, 2013
- Western Mass Coaching Alliance, Northampton, MA, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2018.
- Bay Path College, Springfield MA, Oct. 2012
- Teleseminar: An Ex-Wallflower’s Networking Secrets in a Nutshell September 2012.
- Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce, 2012
- Univ. of Connecticut School of Social Work, 2012
- Keynote at 18th Annual Women Business Owners Conference (Mass. Small Business Development Center), 2011
- UMass Amherst Alumni Association, 2011
- Women’s Business Owners Alliance (WBOA) in association with Bay Path College Kaleidoscope Series, Sept. 2011
- Western Mass Business Expo, 2011
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Centers (MSBDC)
- Western Mass Podcamp (Social Media Conference), 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Hidden-Tech, Northampton MA
- Women & Spirit in Business Café
See also: past media coverage.