I get it that the moment you are searching for a career coach, it may be a very stressful moment. I wish I could reach out of this page and offer empathy right now.
Are you nearly in tears on Sunday evenings before the work week?
Are you longing for more meaning but less stress and wondering if that’s even possible?
Oh, I feel for you. It doesn’t have to be like that, I promise!
I’m glad that you’re taking action just by checking out career coaching. Yay!
Experiencing career coaching myself was such a liberating journey for me. I had to be careful to choose a coach who appreciated my natural introversion as part of my talents.
I know from experience that we can find a way for you to have work that satisfies your heart, your body, and your wallet.
This Can Work, Even for You
I hear you listing all your exceptions, like “I’m over the hill,” “lack of experience”, “too introverted.” Yep, even in that specific case too!
I’ve been there, in that burned out place, not knowing how in the world it could all align for me. And I turned it around, with help from a career coach and learning more about introversion.
As for those relaxed successful people you’re feeling envious of? Even they have been there too. You’re not alone.
I help people find the overlap between their values, their natural strengths, and what the world wants to support. That overlap exists for everyone!
Everyone has unique gifts inside them to offer the world, but they often can’t see it themselves. Once we uncover your gifts, everything is easier.
Even your current work can start feeling better when you find your internal clarity and confidence.
Pushing yourself to accept something off-kilter is exhausting and not sustainable. That was the lesson of “The Ugly Duckling” fairy tale. You can’t be successful being a duck if you’re really a swan! Let’s find the swan in you.
~Irma (who went from tolerating her job to loving her new career path)
Frequently Asked QuestionsWho is a good fit with your coaching?
- You want to enjoy a fulfilling sustainable work experience.
- You are open to self-employment or other creative option as a path to bring your best self to the world, even if that sounds scary at first.
- You want to include a sense of intuition, spirit, heart, or internal alignment in your work life.
- You like the sound of clarifying your unique values, purpose, strengths, and vision (even if you’re not sure what all that means).
- You sometimes feel reluctant to put your true self out there.
- You know you can get things done, if you just knew the right direction, and well, if that inner critic weren’t so loud.
- You relate to being introverted or somewhere in the middle between introvert and extrovert (“ambivert”).
You might also find this useful:
Quiz: Will You Benefit from Val’s Coaching?
I don’t coach people who “just need money” or who don’t care about having meaning at work. I get that we all need money, and we’ll solve that, but if that’s your prime motivator, I don’t believe your work life will be sustainable or fulfilling, and it’s not what I’m about.
If your primary focus is to get help with a job search or to move up the corporate ladder, that’s not my focus, but I can provide referrals. My work is focused primarily on deep clarity and confidence, and also self-employment careers.
What kind of results do your clients have?
- Clarity of strengths, life purpose, and work direction.
- Knowing what work environments will work for your introvert needs.
- Finding their confident voice when talking about their work or career goals.
- Relaxing with networking for the first time in their lives.
- Finding balance and reducing stress.
- Exploring employment and self-employment paths with confidence.
- Starting a business with more ease than they thought possible.
- And much more…
What does career coaching look like with you?
We start with discovering where you’re at now and what’s in the way. From there, we go step by step to find deep clarity about who you are and what you’re already great at (which is often hard for you to see yourself). That discovery process naturally uncovers the confidence inside you.
The fog that hid your path starts to lift and we can see what next steps make sense in a practical way. I continue to support you as you take steps forward exploring your new career goals, continually building on your clarity and confidence, and realizing more and more of what you were longing for.
When you start a new career or new business, I help you move into this new life with more ease.
I help with both the practical stuff and the inner stuff. You know, that fear stuff that kicks up at all the wrong times, we deal with that.
Something unusual I offer is that I am a “connector” type, which means I often know someone you might need to know in your exploration. I like making connections and helping you find what you need. You can tap into my large network which is a big shortcut.
Do we meet by phone, video call, or in person?
~Happy to be leaving my cubicle job, Western MA
Next Step: Let’s See If There’s a Match
Check out this quick quiz to get the ball rolling:
Quiz: Will You Benefit from Val’s Coaching?
Then, let’s get you some stress relief in a free initial consult.
Let’s Stay in Touch.
If you’re just browsing for now, that’s fine. Let’s stay in touch. Get The Introvert Inspiration (occasional emails with event news, tips, inspiration).